Complaints Procedure

Sometimes conveyancing/family/probate/company work involves investments. We are not authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority and so may refer you to someone who is authorised to provide any necessary advice. However, we can provide certain limited services in relation to investments, provided they are closely linked with the legal services we are providing to you, as we are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

If you have any problem with the service, we have provided for you then please let us know by writing to us at Guthrie Jones and Jones, Waterloo Chambers, Bridge Street, Dolgellau, Gwynedd LL40 1AU or emailing We will try to resolve any problem quickly and operate an internal complaint handling system to help us to resolve the problem between us, then we are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and complaints and redress mechanisms are provided through the Solicitors Regulation Authority and the Legal Complaints Service. If we are not able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, then you are entitled to refer the matter to the Legal Ombudsman at

The Law Society is designated professional body for the purposes of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, but responsibility for regulation and complaints handling has been separated from the Law Society’s representative functions. The Solicitors Regulation Authority is the independent regulatory body of the Law Society and the Legal Complaints Service is the independent complaints handling body of the Law Society. The Solicitors Regulation Authority Handbook sets out the standards and requirements we are to achieve and observe and should you wish to review these regulations please refer to

This firm is not authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority. However, we are included on the register maintained by the Financial Conduct Authority so that we can carry on insurance mediation activity, which is broadly the advising on, selling and administration of insurance contracts. This part of our business, including arrangements for complaints or redress if something goes wrong, is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. The register can be accessed via the Financial Conduct Authority website at